Every home needs an accent chair or 2 or 4 or maybe more…..
Here are 5 tips to make statement accent chairs work in your home.
1. Make It Loud A stand-alone accent piece is more likely to create a statement. Don’t go overboard. What truly makes a statement is the ability to isolate what you should be looking at. It can be very tempting to make all of your furniture statement pieces – but that can make a room look too ‘busy’ or ‘cluttered’.
2. Forget about matching Contrast, Mix ‘n’ Match. Juxtapose. Find out the type of chair you are working with and combine with opposites. Vary patterns so they don’t compete with each other. This will make your statement accent chair a Statement Piece! This is tricky to pull off but the end result will be stunning!
3. Location, Location, Location Think about your room; the floors and walls, where are doors and windows located? Consider scale and proportion of your room. Where can I best maximise a statement furniture piece? What empty corner needs a ‘lift?’
4. Look at the big picture Try this trick in checking to see if the accent chair will work- go outside the room and shut your eyes, then walk into it and open your eyes. “Ask yourself what my eyes are drawn to?” The accent piece should be the first thing you saw. If your eyes focused on a different area, move it to that spot and try again.
5. Don’t Be afraid to play around Have fun! Pinpoint your personal aesthetic and play around with the layout of your room. Don’t be afraid of colour. Have as much fun as you can with colour. Choose colours, patterns, textures that you like, that make you feel good and make you feel comfortable.
Accent Chairs work in all areas of a home. Here’s a room by room analysis of ways to integrate accent chairs into your home:
Make your Entryway alluring, welcoming and functional by adding an accent chair to fit your space. Alluring to welcome you home to relax every time you open the front door, welcoming to guests making them feel at home, functional for offloading shopping bags after indulging in some retail therapy or simply collapsing into after an exhausting day. Adding an accent chair can also add a splash of colour, pattern to an otherwise empty, boring space.
Make your Bedroom beautiful and enticing by adding an accent chair. An empty corner can be well put to use by adding an accent chair that complements your existing bedroom furniture. As well as adding charm to your bedroom it is also very useful; a comfortable seat for putting on shoes and a useful spot to study and read.
Add dashes of vibrancy and pizzazz to your Living area by adding concomitant accent chairs to enhance your room. Strategically place accent chairs to ‘play up’ focal features such as fireplaces, mirrors or windows. Sink into an accent chair, relax and spend time talking with your family or curl up with a good book and hot drink on cold winter days. Another plus is when you are entertaining you can fit more guests in by adding smaller accent chairs in between larger lounges.
Why not add a winged accent chair to each end of your dining table for a touch of drama in your Dining area? Or mix and match with a range of accent chairs in different fabrics all around your table. Who says dining room chairs have to be all the same? They also make for a more comfortable seat too!
Berton Furniture is Australia’s Leading Accent Chair Wholesaler. Call for your nearest Stockist or View Berton’s Accent Chair Range HERE